In December 2020, media reports confirmed that Apple was working on an Electric Vehicle (EV), known as "Apple Car", and targeting 2024 for production, with a more advanced battery technology. Independent EV remains a distant reality for Apple, but there are also rumors that Apple may partner with a car maker to accelerate the timelines. Meanwhile as news and remors are fueling the Apple Car story , Apple stock has reached records highs with the day range of $153.10 - $154.63, closing at $154.30, thus confirming the new trends uncovered in AroniSmart Analyses (see here AroniSmartIntelligence™ in Action: Apple (AAPL) Stock Performance and Momentum Analysis with Support Vector Machine and Dominance Analysis in Q3 2021 and AroniSmartInvest™ in Action: Key Stocks At the End of Summer 2021; Machine Learning, Bayesian Network, Stock Segmentation, Market Sentiment Analyses).
Apple Car: Separating Facts and Rumors
Initial rumors on Apple's vehicle suggested that the car will be available within a few years. The timelines were based on the information that Apple was allegedly in talks with car makers Hyundai and Kia to develop the actual car and the electrical batteries components, whereas Apple would focus on self-driving car technology.
By the end of January 2021, reports indicated that the partnership between Apple and Hyundai and Kia had failed and that Apple may be exploring options to work with other different partners. The self driving car, labelled "Apple Car" under the highly secretive "Project Titan", was initially expected to be ready by the end of 2020s'.
Currently, Apple is said to be considering two options:
- working with other electric vehicle automakers, develop an "Apple Car", to be ready to quickly hit the market;
- focus only on the self-driving technology and make it available to electric vehicle automakers.
According to the reports, Apple is trying to expedite the timelines to make sure the "Apple car" is available as soon as possible. Based on the publicly available data from the California Department of Motor Vehicles, Apple has 68 Apple self-driving test vehicles on the road.
From the latest news, Apple may be targeting Year 2024 deadline for launching the "Apple Car". In fact, the rumors are being reinforced by multiple recent actions by Apple or allegedly linked to Apple, although not fully verified, yet. These actions include the following:
- Apple recently hired two former Mercedes engineers as permanent employees. The hiring has fueled the rumors that the new engineers will support the internal Apple resources assigned to developing the "Apple Car".
- There have been rumors that Apple was using a former Chrysler vehicle testing area outside of Phoenix, Arizona. According to AZ Big Media, the testing area was recently purchased by the firm that has been leasing it for the past five years. The firm is believed to be associated with Apple.
- Apple is reportedly in discussions to explore partnership with vehicle suppliers, including Foxconn, South Korea's SK Group and LG Electronics, and carmakers, including Toyota.
- Apple was recently rumored to be in early-stage talks with China's CATL and BYD about the supply of electric vehicles batteries
GET ARONISMARTINVEST, A LEADING INVESTMENT RESEARCH TOOL, BASED ON Advanced Analytics, machine Learning and Data Science on App Store -- click here
Apple 's iPhone 13 Ready for End of September, 2021
While the rumors about the Apple Car are heating up, the latest reports that came out say that Apple is planning to launch a completely redesigned IPhone 13. The launch of iPhone 13, with a customized Qualcomm X60 chip, is planned for late September 2021.
Among the features of the new iPhone 13 are the following:
- satellite communication capabilities, leveraging the customized Qualcomm X60 chip, allowing the the connection to low Earth orbit satellites.
- a more global solution to 5G connectivity;
- potential connection in areas without cell signal available, especially to contact emergency services, via texts. This capability is expected to be later improved to allow making phone calls ;
- major improvement on cameras, including ultra-wide angle, autofocus, and low-light capabilities
- new improved camara filters based on Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- new video and photo capturing capabilities.
AroniSmartIntelligence™, the leading tool for Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning & Data Science
Statisticians, Data Scientists, Business and Financial Analysts, Savvy Investors, Engineers, Researchers, Students, Teachers, Economists, Political Analysts, and most of the practitioners use Advanced Analytics to answer questions, to support informed decision making or to learn.
AroniSmartIntelligence™ is a leading Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Data Science tool, with optimized cutting edge Statistics models, Econometrics, Big Data and Text Analytics.
AronismartIntelligence™ includes modules covering Machine Learning and Big Data mining, Unstructured Text Analysis, Sentiment and Emotion Analytics, Bayesian Statistics and other advanced analytics.