Google has decided to reorganize itself into a holding under the name of Alphabet. Google co-founder, Larry Page has announced the change in Google corporate structure to become a holding company with a disparate collection of businesses.
The new company, Alphabet, will be run by Google co-founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin. Based on Larry Page's announcement, it appears the new structure may look like this:
Chief Executive Officers of Alphabet: Larry Page and Sergey Brin
Alphabet will include:
- Google, under Sundar Pichai, which will cover Internet Search, YouTube, and Gmail.
- Google Fiber, the fast internet services provider
- Nest the maker of smart thermostats
- Calico, the longevity company
- Google X, focusing on self-driving cars, drone delivery service and Internet-connected balloons
- Google Equity, which will include Google Ventures and Google Private Equity
Ruth Porar will remain Google CFO, and also become Alphabet CFO.